Monday 14 August 2006

Typings of a Techno-illiterate

Hello, my names is James and I am a techno-illiterate.

There. I've said it. It's out in the open. I have no idea what I'm doing when I sit down in front of a computer. This is an embarrassing confession for a 24 year old member of Generation Y. I'm not even sure exactly when everyone around me gained the advanced understanding of information technology that I am seemingly incapable of possessing. Perhaps it was while I was romanticising of an age gone by when true scholars and gentlemen read books that they could touch with their fingertips and not be distracted by a little voice saying "You've Got Mail" (I've never had a computer that does this but it was in a Tom Hanks movie so it must exist...if only I could remember the name of the movie).

Fiona has instructed me not to make these entries too long, for reasons which are too long to be discussed in this entry which cannot be too long so I will keep this brief. While I am excited to be moving into the world of "web logging", I am filled with intrepidation that at any moment I could make the entire world wide web collapse, thus rendering the entire planet without banking, messaging and defence capabilities and leaving us open to a possible invasion of Klingons. Only time will tell if God will save us from this future.

While I hope that you will laugh, cry, pray and celebrate with us, I hope that for the most part I will be able to keep you laughing. After all, it makes you all the more likely to pray for us and join with us in our true moments of need if you enjoy reading this blog. So may God bless you and keep you and I look forward to writing to the world again soon. I just hope the Klingons aren't listening.

5 comments:

Fiona said...

This is one of the best pieces of writing by you that I've ever read!

And I did laugh a lot - genuinely too, not the fake kind that I often do to humour your lame jokes, LOL :)

love you!

Tatenda Mudariki said...

Too Funny lah..congratulations to you both, and again welcome to the Bloggers world...hehehehe, btw the movie was "You've got mail!!'heheheh...

James and you aint a techno lit..dude........that's all i gotta say..

Continually elevate..
Muda.Inc

Don 'Lidzi said...

LOLOLOL @ "And I did laugh a lot - genuinely too, not the fake kind that I often do to humour your lame jokes"
Now datz funny!!

Well, welkom to our world.
You will soon discover the awe and mystery that reaches from the deepest inner mind to the web's outer limits!!

In God we trust

Anonymous said...

James it is your blogging skills that have tempted me to join you in your world of techno-illiteracy and bad spelling! LOL! Come thru.. Champ keep them blogs coming.

Ndumiso... Coming Soon...

Funginho said...

Haha Jah-Mess, You had me laughing on the not too long thing! I see my other fellow bloggers have alread welcomed you to the world of Blogarisations. i love it its the only place you can create your own words and get away with it. So i await eagerly, to hear more from the crazy mind of Jah-Mess.
God is Love
Funginho