Wednesday 16 August 2006

If he is "Techno-illiterate", then I am "Competitive for Comments"

I can't help but feel an ever so slight surge of jealousy that James has received 4 comments from our friends within 72 hours of writing his first post on the 1 and only blog that he writes on, whereas I have yet to receive a comment on any one of my 4 blogs on blogger that is not from someone I do not know. (disciple, if you happen to read here, this does not in any way detract from your encouraging comment on my Dream Diary, which I very much appreciate. It is more of a friendly, indirect rebuke towards my beloved friends)

What does it take to get someone to read your blog? Does anyone else relate to my
recent observations about blogging and other such cyberspace-related paraphanalia?

How does one spell "paraphanalia" anyway? Who came up with such a word? And why isn't Blogger spell check able to identify said word and give me the correct spelling, thus forcing me to copy and paste the word into a Word document so that I can get the correct spelling? Speaking of spell checkers, has anyone else noticed that Blogger spell check also doesn't accept "blogger", "blogs", "blogging" or even "blog" as a word and also refuses to "learn" the word?

These questions and many more continue to be the bane of my existence. But for now, I will manage to live with them unanswered (or with answers that I don't like).

In the meantime, the competition ensues ~ vote me, vote Fi, and please, please, please, PLEASE leave me, Fi, a comment so that I can feel secure in the knowledge that you do love me and you do care about me and that this world isn't such an unfair place after all.

P.S. the correct spelling is "paraphernalia".

8 comments:

Funginho said...

Hey Fi, Thou shal not fear coz Dr Phunginho is here to give you a comment.
Comment
lol Funginho

Anonymous said...

Well Champette....
I'll have to show you some time how to use the spell check, trust me it works... Looks like you need it. LOL!
You are funny too. Right?
Competition is a good thing.

Ndumiso.... Coming soon...

James said...

Hi Sweetheart,

I have just read your blog entry and not only did I find it funny and sweet, but I also think that you might get more comments than me.

Love James

Tatenda Mudariki said...

It YOu..it's most certainly Fi...

Well, I have actually never used the blogger spell check, jsut usually do all my blogs in word then copy and paste..

Continually elevate..
Muda.Inc

Don 'Lidzi said...

Blogger has Spellcheck?
Wow, today I learned something.
Thanks Fiona

Anonymous said...

Ma'am,
Its 'paraphernalia' .
Damn..you corrected yourself..just saw that now.
Your efforts appreciated.
Cheers

Anonymous said...

Hi Fi, just wanted to leave you a comment so that your number would increase to 7 and not 6. By the way, when are you guys moving to Albury. Just let us get here first, okay! Love you x

Anonymous said...

fi since you are so keen on comments let me leave one, even though i left you one elsewhere... but you have so many things happening in cyber space I can't remember where it is. I am more like James, if and when i start a blog it will be a huge achievement... and i will ask you about all the html stuff you talk about and links to other blogs etc. perhaps i should wait til i finish uni, i see myself getting distracted. anyway i really just want to comment on olivia's comment, please do not go to albury too, i had this conversation with james on sunday... please... xxx