Friday 18 August 2006

Blogular

In one of my wife's recent blog entries not published on this blog, she queried whether people are actually reading other people's blogs, or if they are just working on their own and wanting people to read theirs. This got me thinking about the world of blogging and what it really takes to be 'blogular'.

If you read one of the comments to my last entry you will have noticed that 'Fungino' said that a blog is where you can make up your own words and get away with it. This seemed like such a brilliant idea that I couldn't help but steal it. Hence 'blogular' is my new word meaning, "popular (get it?) in the world of blogging'.

Upon reading the comments to my last entry I was also very enthused about the fact that I had tempted Ndumiso into entering the world of blogging. Now you may not have realised it, but if you have read this entry so far then I have already revealed to you the keys to blogularity. Don't believe me? Keep reading

1) I referred to my wife's blog. This serves a double purpose, first an foremost, it keeps my wife thinking that I'm a great all round guy. This is important because I am a great all round guy and I deserve the credit. Second though, if I refer to her blog, she will eventually refer to my blog on her other blog, making people who read her other blog want to read mine. Brilliant!

2) I referred to people who made comment's on my blog, such as Fungino and Ndumiso. It pays to give your fans props. It makes them feel like they are part of your blog and makes them want to keep coming back for more. And just to make sure that I don't create any enemies because I didn't refer to their comments I would officially like to give 'snaps' to Muda.Inc, don 'lidzi and of course Fiona :)

3) I stole a good idea from someone else

4) I got someone else (Ndumiso) into the world of blogging an thereby can now guilt him into continuing to read my blog because I helped him start his.

So, in summary, to be 'blogular' you must say nice things to your friends, say nice things to others so they will want to be your friends, steal and finally manipulate. Wow, its not really different from being 'popular' after all.

5 comments:

Tatenda Mudariki said...

Good one James..the Joys of word of Mouth..that's what gets you to 1989 Visitors on your site..and not even after a year..as Leyton would say..C'mon...!!

Just a bit of Advice..

To furthermore increase your fan base, do not forget to add the hyperlink when you mention someone..thereby getting more visitors..

Elevate..
Muda.INc

Don 'Lidzi said...

Ha ha..
U forget another way to keep the fanbase...

CONTROVERSY!!

That'll keep readers rather regular!

And be careful, u could make enemies.

Funginho said...

Well Said! Dr Jah-Mess! Blogular shall now become a folklore legend for instance like "doing a fungai"/"do a fungai" (plug plug)!

Fiona said...

muda, great minds think alike!

re: hyperlink, I was going to leave the same comment. However, would you believe that James may not know what hyperlink means, given his techno-illiteracy?

So, James, to translate muda's comment: you need to learn HTML (that's a computer programming language) so you can also add a link to your references to other people's blogs. That way people can easily find said blogs!

Muda - girl power to you and me! We rock! ^_^

Anonymous said...

As a loyal fan all i can say is... Come thru...